How to Use Custom Domain on Blogger
Here I am going to show you “how to use custom domain on blogger with Godaddy.com”. We know that blogger provides us two kind of publishing options:
1. Simply Hosting on Blogspot (XYZ.blogspot.com).
2. Hosting on your custom domain(www.XYZ.com or www.example.XYZ.com ).
We can change our publishing option at any instant and our content will remain unchanged.
First of all, before we move our blog to a custom domain. We need to have already purchased a custom domain (www.XYZ.com) . as we can no longer buy custom domains from Blogger. Here is list through which you can buy domain:
- Yahoo! Small Business
Considering that we already have custom domain, Here is steps for “how to use custom domain on blogger or Blogspot ?” follow the steps below:
1. Go to Blogger’s Home page.
2. Select Blogspot site, who’s domain you want customise.
3. Then Go to Setting -> Basic.
4. Now goto Publishing->Blog Address. Down there you will see +Set up a third-party URL for your blog or +Add custom domain. Type the URL of the domain you’ve purchased, Note that it must begin with www in order to work.
5. Click Save.
6. After that you should see an error as shown below in image, and two CNAMEs listed below. You will see, each CNAME is made of two parts – Name, Label or Host and Destination, Target or Points to. First CNAME is the same for everybudy, Name being “www” and Destination “ghs.google.com.” But second CNAME is unique (particular to your blog and your Google Account,thats why different for Everyone)
7. Done with the blogger. Now go to control panel of your domain registrar’s website (Like Godaddy.com)and locate the DNS (Domain Name System) settings .
As I have mensioned Above you can purchase domain from Godaddy, EasyDNS, Yahoo! Small Business, Etc. Different domain providers has differnt settings for CNAME.
1. Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.
2. Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You’ll be directed to the Domain Manager page.
3. Click the domain that you’d like to use with your blog and click on launch.
4. Then Click to DNS Zone File Tab.
5. Optional: You can also enter A-records, which links your naked domain (XYZ.com) to an actual site (www.XYZ.com). If you skip this step, visitors who leave off the “www” will see an error page.
6. After Completing step 5 enter your domain name in the format xyz.com, and (add recors) add the I.P. addresses Listed belove in the “A” section. For this you’ll need to create four individual A-records which will point to four different Google IPs.
Here is List of IP:
8. After that, before you move to the final step, you need to wait about an 1 hour for your DNS settings to activate properly. If you try the final step before your settings are activated, Blogger will give you warning message.
9. Enter ghs.google.com as the Host Name. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour. Mostly it is available by Default (www Record).
10. Click OK.
11. Click Add New CNAME Record again in the box labelled CNAMES (aliases). For this you need to copy CNAME from blogger Error masage which is Unique for every one. Add it in CNAME Records as shown in below second image.
12. For the Name, enter the short security token.
13. Enter the long security token as the Host Name. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour.
14. Click OK, and then click OK again.
15. Finally go to blogger and save your custom name domain name. That’s it… Very Simple Haa…!!!