Celkon is the one of the latest founded Smartphone brand. It has been a year that the company has entered in to smartphone manufacturing field. The company doesn’t has any milestone device. This will be because the brands name is not quite popular among the users. Also the brand didn’t released any killer device in to the market. Let’s hope there will be one.
What We Need?:
Celkon A98 is a smartphone which can be put in to the budget rage smartphone. Before getting in to the rooting process here is something about the device so that you can confirm you are on the right place.
- 4 inch medium sized screen.
- Runs on the initial version of the ice cream sandwich Android OS.
- Has 3.2 MP of rear camera with no flash and VGA front facing camera.
- 512 MB of RAM and 1GHz single core processor.
- Dual SIM smartphone.
So that’s it all about the phone. Now let’s get in to the business.
Through this tutorial you will be learning to How to root Celkon A98 android powered smartphone. Before getting to the process let’s start from the basics.
The term rooting means getting access to the system files. On every android device this will be blocked by the manufacturer itself. Because accessing those files may damage the device. So in order to avoid those they have blocked the access. But if the user is a developer then he or she can simply Root the phone in order to access those files. This is all about rooting.
The rooting can be performed by using an PC application called BIN4RY rooting tool. This is a simple application which can be executed on all windows systems. Since it is a batch file the OS version will not be a problem.
How to Root Celkon A98:-
Before rooting backup all the data’s and charge your phone minimum 80 percentage. Also you will not get any Warranty claims after rooting.
The below section will explain about the rooting of phone:
- Install the latest USB drivers from the Celkon’s official site or else you can make use of the Windows device manager in order to update the driver.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the below steps:
Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (check it)
- Now download the BIN4RY root tool from the link provided.
- Look for the BIN4RY root tool and download it.
- After completion extract the archive on to the desktop and keep all the files in the same folder.
- Now connect the phone to PC and wait till the device get detected.
- Once detected open the above extracted folder and run the “RunMe.bat”.
- Now you will see command prompt window with green text. It may ask you to enter your choice.
- Press 1 and hit enter and follow the on screen commands. Once all done the phone may ask you to click the Restore button. Don’t wait just tap it.
Now your phone is rooted. You can install the root apps like Greenify and Titanium Backup.