If you have brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 LTE and you want to root it and install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery, then this is the perfect place to give you direction. After rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 LTE with CWM recovery will unlock lots of advanced features.
- This article guideline will guide you to install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 (LTE international version only).
- Kindly don’t try this on any other device. If it is then proceed at your own risk.
What You Need?:
- Download zip file named Odin3.zip on your PC/Laptop. Then extract Odin3.zip which give you directory named Odin3.
- Download file named I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 on your PC/Laptop. Don’t do anything with that file we want it as it is.
- Download Zip file named CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip (Go for latest version of SuperSU from its official XDA) to your PC/Laptop. Keep that file as it is. Locate and save this file to the root directory of device’s internal storage.
- Download Drivers for the Samsung USB drivers for Windows.
- Check for the USB debugging enabled or not. If not then follow this (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging).
How To Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S 3 GT-I9305
- Turn off the Phone / device.
- Then boot your device into ‘Download Mode’ by keep pressing ‘Volume Down’ button + ‘Home’ button + ‘Power’ button untill it gives you a warning! on screen. read WARNING! properly and press ‘Volume Up’ button to go into ‘Download mode’.
- Now double-click on Odin3 v3.04.exe application file (Located into folder Odin3 which you had downloaded) to launch Odin.
- Then plug-in your device to the PC/Laptop through USB cable.
- After you had pluged-in the Phone/device, the first box at the top of Odin, i.e, ID:COM will show blue color and the message ‘Added’ will prompt in the message box in Odin.
- Here make sure that ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options are enabled and also check that no other options are selected.
- Now on the Odin window, Press on PDA button and choose the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 file that you had already downloaded.
- Verifying all the settings once again, Then press on ‘Start’ to begin the flashing process.
- Then wait until Odin does it work properly. After that the box appearing at the top of Odin will show ‘RESET’ after completion of flashing process.
- Now wait till the device auto reboots.
- Remove the USB cable.
After installing CWM recovery, now its time to root your device:
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9305) using CWM Recovery
To root your Samsung Galaxy S3 – GT-I9305 with the help of CWM recovery, Just follow the below guideline:
- You need to reboot your device before start to work with this guideline.
- To boot into CWM recovery by Keeping “Volume Up” button + “Home” button + “Power” button pressed which you had just installed.
- Choose ‘Backup and Restore’ option, If you want to take backup of your device and then select ‘backup‘ Option.
- Now ‘Go Back‘ to main menu of ClockworkMod recovery, After completion of backup of your device.
- Then Choose ‘Install zip from sdcard’ option.
- After that Select ‘Choose zip from sdcard’ option.
- Now select zip file named as CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip (Newest version of SuperSU) that you had downloaded recently.
- Select Yes and ClockworkMod recovery will automatically start installing the files.
- Once after completion of installation, reboot your phone/device by selecting ‘Go Back’ and then ‘Reboot System Now’ option.
- That’s It…! Done!
You will see ‘SuperSU’ app in your app list. You cam use ‘SuperSU’ to manage root permissions of other apps.