Kyocera is a Japanese smartphone and electronics manufacturing company whose headquarters is situated in Tokyo. The company is famous for telecom and imaging devices all over the world. The company was founded in 1959.
Kyocera Hydro is a smartphone which is water repellent variant. The phone can hold under water for a distance of about 3 feet. So if you are looking for a cheap water resistant phone then you should opt for Kyocera Hydro.
Other than this the phone has following specs:
1. Runs on the Android 4.0 version (Ice cream sandwich).
2. Has a 1 GHz single core processor.
3. Comes with on board Adreno GPU (Graphical Processing Unit).
4. 3.5 inch HVGA screen.
5. 3.2 MP rear camera with LED flash.
As a beginner device the company has managed to provide all the features on to this tiny machine.
Being an Android powered device one of the advantage is that you can root it. Once the phone has been rooted you can take control of your phones system files. So you will be able to install custom OS, Overclock the device and much more.
So here is a simple tutorial that explains “How to root Kyocera Hydro”.
Before proceeding you have to keep in mind that the phone’s warranty will be removed once the device has been rooted. So if you don’t want any warranty claims from the company then you can proceed further.
What We need?:
• Charge your device to a 100 percent.
• Backup your phones data in case if you want to do complete backup.
• Proceed with personal risks. I am just sharing the information that got from other threads.
How to Root Kyocera Hydro:-
• Since the phone is a Japanese made you will not be able to Download the USB Drivers. So download the universal ADB Drivers.
• Once it has been download install it. This driver will not support in latest Windows 8.1. If you have older version of windows you can install it.
• Download the BIN4RY root tool.
• Once it is downloaded extract the package onto desktop.
• Now enable the USB debugging option on the smartphone by following the below steps:
Settings -> Developer Options -> Check USB Debugging
• Now connect your Hydro phone onto PC via a USB cable. Once connected you will be able to see a notification “USB Debugging Enabled”. You are good to go.
• Open the BINA4Y Root tool and execute the RunMe.bat file.
• Now select the option 3 and hit enter.
• Your phone will ask for Restore Data. Just ignore all the written things and tap Restore My data button.
Your device is now rooted. You can flash the custom recoveries on to the phone. If you want to increase the processor speed (Overclock) then you must flash a custom kernel which is made especially for your device. After that you can make use of 3rd party apps to change the speed.