After introducing budget smartphones to the market by Micromax lot of other companies followed the same pattern. Similar to Micromax another desi brand which produces mid-range smartphones is Lava. One of the successful series in the Lava phones is IRIS. Within the IRIS series the Lava IRIS 504Q is big daddy among all.
The phone has pretty good specifications compared to other smartphones belonging to this category. Below is some of the highlighted specification of the phone
- 5 inch massive screen.
- 8 MP rear camera and 2MP front facing camera.
- 1 GB of RAM.
- Runs on the 4.2 version of Jelly Bean Android Operating system.
After releasing couple of models from this series the brand stopped further manufacturing of this phone. As a result the phone didn’t have the further updates.
But thanks to XDA’s senior developer manikkumar20 who wrote a useful rooting thread of Lava IRIS 504Q smartphone. The phone is rooted with the help of Multi Tool Kit (MTK) which is a command prompt based rooting tool which is very easy to use. Even a beginner will be able to root their phone.
After rooting you will be able to flash Custom recoveries and Roms on to the phone. Also after rooting you can customize your tiny machine any way you want. All you want is the root accessing permission.
How to Root Lava Iris 504Q
In the following section you will be learning about How to Root a Lava IRIS 504Q smartphone.
Let’s divide the process in to 2 phases:-
- The first step that you have to follow is to download and install the latest USB drivers of Lava IRIS 504Q smartphone. You can download those from their Lava’s Official Site.
- After downloading those you can install them by opening the exe file.
The second step is to download the root package file. This can be downloaded from the following XDA thread.
- After downloading the package extract the file using WinRAR-WinZip. Make sure that you are extracting the contents on to a same folder.
- Now take out the battery from the phone and reboot it. Once the phone became stable you have to enable the USB debugging option. For that first of all follow the below steps
- Goto Settings – About Phone – Tap build number 6 to 7 times or till you get a toast notification as You are now a developer.
- Once done that follow these steps to enable USB debugging
Settings – Developer options – tick USB debugging.
Let’s get into the 2nd phase
- Connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- Execute the “RunMe.bat” batch file from the above downloaded package.
- This will root your phone. After rooting press enter key on the PC to exit the program.
- Now you may reboot the device for completion the process. Once rebooted you may see a message on the phone that Android is upgrading.
- Once the device became stable you will be able to see an additional app called superuser on the app drawer. That’s it your device is granted the root access.