Micromax is one of the leading smartphone manufacturer whose headquarters is in India. During the starting stage of the company the brand manufactured only Mid-range Java powered phones. As the company’s popularity increased they started to produce Smartphones.
Canvas one was the first popular Android device from the Micromax. As a continuation so many Canvas phones has been released and most of them was best seller in the market.
Micromax Canvas is a pretty good looking smartphone with decent features. It has got a 5 inch massive display. Also it has 8 megapixel rear camera. The only thing that lack is that it has only 512 MB of RAM. But for a price point it is good one. The phone runs on the 4.1 version of the Jelly bean OS. The company banned the further support for the device as the device stopped further manufacturing. As a result the canvas users will not be able to get the further operating system updates.
If you are a rooted user you can install custom ROMs which is available in the developer network for the phone. You can even install the Latest Lollipop operating system on to the phone. You can download those files and flash it directly on to your phone. In order to install those OS your phone must be rooted.
So let’s get into rooting procedure of the Micromax Canvas one phone.
What We Need?:
- Before rooting the phone backup all your important data’s and charge your phone to a minimum 80%. Install the latest updated drivers of the phone.
- Download Farmaroot app by clicking this link.
How to Root Micromax A111 Canvas
- Rooting of Canvas one is done by using an app called Farmaroot. This is a small application and will not be available on the Google play store. So you have to download it manually from the above link.
- And the important thing is that you phones warranty will be void after rooting is done. So proceed with caution.
- After downloading the file transfer the file on to your phone’s SD card. Else you can download the file directly on to the phone.
- Check for whether you have sufficient permissions to install apk files from unknown sources. If not you can enable it from the security options in settings menu.
- Open the above downloaded file using any file manager.
- Tap install. The application does not require any special permissions. Also you have installed some antivirus apps on to the phone it may block the installation since the app has been downloaded from other sources. So disable it on the Anti-virus app.
- Once the installation is completed just launch the Farmaroot application from the application drawer.
- After opening just hit “Gandalf exploit” button on the application. This will install the root binaries files on to the phones internal storage. After completion you can reboot your phone.
- If the above step didn’t works just reboot your phone and try the above steps once again.
- Now you phone will be rooted.
You can cross check your phone’s root status by downloading Root checker app from the play store.