MyPhone is another Chinese smartphone manufacturing company which is priced very affordably. And MyPhone A919i is a nice looking phone from them. The phone is dual SIM phone with not the best but pretty good all over specifications. On the following section you will be able to understand more about the phone:
Myphone A919i Duo:-
- Dual SIM capability.
- Big 5 inch display.
- 8mp rear camera with a LED flash.
- 2mp front facing camera.
- Both capable of recording videos at 720 pixels.
- Running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
Since it is a Chinese made smartphone you will not be able to update the phone’s OS officially. But after rooting the phone you can update or customize the phone as your wish. So take a look at the rooting tutorial of MyPhone A919i Duo.
The rooting of MyPhone A919i can be divided in to 2 stage process. The 1st stage explains about all the preparations that you have to do and second stage includes the rooting steps. So follow each and every step carefully.
How to Root MyPhone A919i Duo:-
Before getting to the rooting steps here are some must follow steps that you should do.
- Backup all the phone data’s. Because you have to do a Hard reset after rooting the phone.
- Charge your phone to a minimum 80 percentage.
- Enable the USB debugging option. For that follow the below steps:Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging. After enabling you can see a Android icon on the Notification drawer saying USB Debugging enabled while connecting to PC.
- Download the Google Android USB drivers form the below link. This is an executable file for PC. So you can install the drivers similar to other applications installing on the PC.
- After that download the Motochopper root package from the following link. This software will be used to root the phone. You can even try this software for some other Chinese made Android smartphones because Motochopper is a universal rooting tool.
- Once downloaded extract the zip archive onto desktop and rename the folder as Moochopper.
- Finally make sure you have sufficient administrator rights on the PC to perform these actions.
If you have followed all the steps from stage 1 proceed to stage 2
- Open the folder Motochopper on the desktop and locate the file “Run.bat”.
- Do not open it till the phone is connected to PC.
- Now connect the phone to the PC and wait for a couple of seconds. Let the system detect the phone.
- Now you can run the above mentioned file from the folder.
- Once the window opens it starts the rooting procedure. Wait till the message “Have fun” appears on the screen.
- Once the message is displayed you can disconnect the phone and reboot it.
- After reboot you can head over to play store an install an app called SuperSU. The app will be already installed but the root binary versions will be old. So all the app will not able to grant SuperSU permissions. So it is a must step.
Now the phone is completely rooted and as said earlier have Fun!