Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 is one of the most purchased entry level Android smartphone. The phone has pretty decent specs and runs on the 4.1 version of Android. Since Samsung has officially stopped the further manufacturing of this device, it is not possible to get the latest official operating system updates.
You guys don’t have to worry about this. As far as Android being an open source operating system, you can do whatever changes to your phone. That’s right you can even install the latest OS on to your phone. All you have to do is to root your Galaxy Fame S6810.
A recognized Android developer Motochopper from XDA has released a thread regarding rooting of Galaxy fame. The term rooting is nothing but getting access to the system files.
So here is a tutorial explaining about “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810”.
Disclaimer: Rooting your phone has to be done all under your personal risks. Also this may void your phone warranty.
Let’s get rooted:
What You Need?:
Before getting to the procedure here are some pre-requisites you have to follow.
- Install the USB drivers. This can be done by installing the Samsung Kies CD that is provided along with your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging. This is one of the important step. After enabling only you can root your device. This option can be found under developer options in settings menu.
- Create a backup of important data’s. This is an optional step. While rooting sometimes the phone may ask for a complete data wipe. In this case you may lose all your phone’s important data’s.
- Charge your phone to at least 80%. But it always recommended to a full charge.
- Download the Root Package from the following link:
- Download Driver For Windows related to your particular device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810:-
Now let’s get to the rooting process:
- Hope you have downloaded the above mentioned zip file.
- Extract the zip package into any folder of your system. (C:/root package/….)
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy Fame into the system via USB cable. Make sure the device is detected.
- Now the following step is OS dependent. Follow them according to your OS installed in your System:
If you are using windows OS go to the extracted directory and execute the “run.bat” file. And follow the on screen instructions.
For Linux/OS X :
If you are running on the Linux or OS X then execute the “./run.sh”. Also follow the terminal window instructions.
NB: The phone may reboot number of times. You don’t have to worry.
5. Once the rooting is completed you will see a success message on the screen. Now your phone is rooted.
6. After rebooting the phone check for an app called Superuser/SuperSU on the phone’s app drawer.
7. Also you can verify the phone’s root status by installing an app called Root checker from the Google play store.