Samsung has released several medium level Android smartphones. Galaxy grand duos belongs to this platform. Galaxy Grand Duos comes with Android jelly bean OS (4.1) as pre-installed but some devices got Jelly bean 4.2 update.
Google is now releasing latest Android versions depending on the phone’s hardware specifications. As a result, all the Android phones will not be able to update their phone on to the latest operating system. But thanks to group of developers who released CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod will update all most all the phones to the latest Android operating system. Since Android is being an open source platform.
- One of the condition for installing the CyanogenMod is that the phone has to be a rooted one.
- Through this article, you will be able to root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 smartphone. Thanks to a recognized XDA developer Chotu222 for the fantastic and simple idea.
- Before getting in to the rooting process of the phone there is a number of steps that you must follow in order to complete the rooting process.
What You Need?:
- The first thing that you need is a PC. Because you will be flashing a recovery to your phone. So PC is must.
- Make sure the USB drivers is installed in your phone. After that only your phone get detected while connecting to the PC. And keep the USB drivers updated because Latest operating system on the PC may not detect the phone.
- Charge your phone to minimum 80 percentage. While the time flashing if your device got switched off the phone may brick.
- Download the following files as per the XDA thread
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082:-
Let’s get to rooting process
- Boot your phone into download mode. This can be accomplished by pressing volume down, home and power button together. The phone must be switched off initially.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open Odin from the package that you downloaded earlier and click on PDA.
- Now browse for the cwm touch.zip that you downloaded and click open.
- Make sure that you checked Auto reboot and F.Reset on the Odin before clicking start.
- Now click on Start and wait for the message “PASS” on the screen. This time the phone may reboot automatically. Don’t panic. This is part of the process. Now the phones stock recovery has be rewritten.
- After rebooting transfer the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip on to your phone SD card.
- Once the transfer is completed boot your phone in to recovery mode by pressing the volume UP, home and power buttons together.
- Now select “Install from SD card option”. You can either use the volume button or touchscreen for selecting since we have been installed with touch version of CWM.
- After that select the zip file that you transferred earlier. Click install.
That’s it your Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 is rooted and now you can flash any of the rom on to your device.