This article guideline will doesn’t require ClockworkMod recovery at the start of rooting process instead, after following the steps in this guideline you will get rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as well as unofficial ClockworkMod recovery also.
- This article guideline will help you to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) along with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Kindly note that this method might not work for any other versions other than N7100 of Samsung Galaxy Note 2.”Proceed at your own risk”.
What you Need:?
To start with rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and installing ClockworkMod recovery on your phone, Here is following required items.
- Download tar file named cwm6-root-note2.tar to your PC/Laptop. Note that: Do not extract this tar file.
- Download Zip file named ATTGalaxyNoteRecovery.zip.
And then extract this file to get 3 files named (odin_n1717_cwm_recovery_b4.tar, Odin3.ini and odin3 v1.85.exe). Out of that 3 files we need only 2 files from that package which named as (Odin3.ini and odin3 v1.85.exe). To reduce confusion delete odin_n1717_cwm_recovery_b4.tar file now.
- Download Samsung Android USB drivers on Windows for how to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100).
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and Install ClockworkMod recovery.
Follow this steps to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and Install ClockworkMod recovery.
- First of all turn off your device.
- Now boot into ‘Download Mode’ by pressing the ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Home’ button and ‘Power’ button. (Volume Down + Home + Power) Keep it pressed till the screen will respond and show you Warning! Screen.
- After that read Warning properly at the warning screen and then press ‘Volume Up’ button to get into ‘Download Mode’.
- Then double-click on application file named odin3 v1.85.exe to launch / start Odin.
- Plug-in your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- After you had plugged-in your device, look at the first box at the top (Upper side) of Odin, that is ID: COM will turn into yellow and then the message ‘Added’ will promote in the message box in Odin (When this doesn’t happen be sure to have your drivers for the device installed on your PC.)
- On the Odin window, press on PDA button and choose cwm6-root-note2.tar that you had downloaded earlier. Don’t make any change to other settings in Odin.
- Now click on ‘Start’ button to start the flashing process.
- Then wait until Odin does it work properly. After that the box appearing at the top of Odin will show ‘PASS’ after completion of flashing process.
- Now wait till the device auto reboots.
- Unplug the USB cable from PC/Laptop.
Thats it..!!!!!!! Here is successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and now its time to installed ClockworkMod recovery on that device.
Here is steps to install ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
1. Simply turn off your device.
2. Press and hold ‘Volume Up’ button and ‘Power button until your device responds. When the display turns ON, then release ‘Power’ button, while holding the ‘Volume Up’ button, thats it..!!!!!.