Galaxy S2 is one of the most successful device from Samsung. At that time there was nothing to beat the specs and performance of Galaxy S2. Many of the devices running on Gingerbread were facing severe lag memory issues. But S2 was buttery smooth even after installing lots of apps. But later when the device got the official ice cream sandwich update the performance got even increased. One of the best thing about the phone was its camera and display quality. In fact Samsung introduced the AMOLED feature on to the phone.
As Samsung Galaxy S3 got into the market the demand for Galaxy S2 got decreased and even Samsung stopped manufacturing the handsets. But the development side of the phone was still growing with lot of customizing options and custom ROMS. Still the development works is going on for the phone. For availing those you have to root your device.
Through this article, you will be learn how to root Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (Sprint).
Before getting to the process here are some preparations that you must do:
- First thing you have to do is to download the required files.
- One click kernel – the file that you have to download dependent on the current OS you are running on your phone.
- For Gingerbread Users: click here to download.
- For ICS Users: click here to download.
- For jelly bean Users: click here to download.
- Superuser: Click Here to Download.
- All sprint one click recovery:
- Charge your phone to at least 80%.
- Install latest USB drivers on to the PC.
- Finally backup all your important data’s from the phone.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch (Sprint)
- Similar to all other Samsung phone first thing is to booting your phone to ‘Download Mode’. For that take out your battery and hold down the Volume down and power button till a yellow Android icon appears. After that press volume up.
- Connect your phone to your PC and open one click kernel.exe. In the opened window you will see a yellow colored box. Which means your phone is detected.
- Now click start. This will start flashing process. If everything goes right then your device will reboot. Usually this step will take much longer time than expected. Don’t do anything stupid and be patient.
- After rebooting copy the Superuser.zip file onto the phone.
- Again reboot your device into recovery mode by holding the volume up and power button together.
- Within the recovery menu the touch screen won’t work. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and power button foe selection process.
- Navigate to choose zip from SD card and select the file that you copied earlier. After selecting just confirm by selecting yes. This will install Superuser app into your phone.
That’s it you Galaxy S2 EPIC is now rooted. Make sure to download specified kernel. Otherwise your device will get bricked. So choose correctly while downloading the files.