Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S3 on Ice Cream Sandwich will help you to get into the heart of your phone. After rooting your device you will unlock features, like you can do things such as block ads or deny apps Internet access.
- This Article guideline will help you for How to root Samsung Galaxy S 3 running Ice Cream Sandwich specifically for model GT-I9300 and GT-I9300T.
- This article guideline may or may not work with Galaxy S3 on other versions of Android os. So kindly proceed at your own risk.
What you need:?
- Download zip file Odin . Then extract that ZIP file at desktop.
- Download zip file of Root files for the Galaxy S3. Then extract that ZIP file at desktop.
- Download Samsung Android USB drivers on Windows for Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300, GT-I9300T).
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300, GT-I9300T) on Ice Cream Sandwich
- First of all make sure that your phone is in USB debugging mode, before connecting (Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging).
- Now turn off your device and start it into ‘Download Mode’ by keep pressing ‘Volume Down’ button + ‘Home’ button + ‘Power’ button untill it gives you a warning! on screen. Press ‘Volume Up’ button.
- After that connect your device with your PC through USB Cable And then start the ‘Odin’ program you downloaded previously. You should see a blue sign saying something like this “0:[com:6]”. If not then try reinstalling the Samsung drivers.
- Then click on PDA button in odin (Not the PHONE button) and open the .tar file named ‘CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0.tar’ file which is available in ‘Root files’ you downloaded previously.
- Now click on ‘Start’ button to start the flashing process.
- Then wait until Odin does it work properly. After that the box appearing at the top of Odin will show ‘PASS’ after completion of flashing process.
- Now wait till the device auto reboots.
That’s it..! Now you have rooted Samsung Galaxy S3.