If you have a brand new and shiny Samsung Galaxy S4 and your hand is waiting to get root it but you need help then you are in Perfect place. Here this post guideline will help you for how to Samsung Galaxy s4.
This post guideline is only for rooting Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model. This is the device version that has LTE and quad-core Qualcomm processor provided. Our Experts have successfully experimented this rooting method only on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and firmware XXUAMD2. Note that- This method may or may not work on other versions of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and other firmwares. This Post guideline is written for Windows users only.
What you need?:-
- Download Zip file CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip and extract it on your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers for Windows Operating System on your PC/Laptop, if you already have it then leave this step.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505:
1. First of all make sure that your device is not connected to your PC/Laptop through USB and simply turn off your device.
2. Now enter into ‘Download Mode’ on your Galaxy S4 by simply pressing and holding ‘Volume Down’ button + ‘Home’ button + ‘Power’ button on your device.
3. After that go of the ‘Power’ button, as you see Samsung Galaxy S4 screen and wait for time interval until you are taken to a screen with the triangle.
4. Then simply release ‘Volume Down’ button + ‘Home’ button and then press ‘Power’ button to go into the ‘Download Mode’.
5. After that switch toward your PC/Laptop and put your phone aside for a while.
6. In your PC/Laptop, go for extracting contents of ‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip’ and simply double-click file named ‘Odin3 v1. 85.exe’ application to run ODIN.
7. During ODIN is running, just click ‘PDA’. Now go for extracting contents of ‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip’; search for the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505. tar. md5′ and select it.
8. Note that: – make sure ‘Repartition’ is unchecked in ODIN. Don’t make other changes in ODIN.
9. Now Connect your device — that may be still in ‘Download Mode’ — to your PC/Laptop Through USB.
10. Then see if one of the ‘ID: COM’ boxes in ODIN are yellow.
If yes, then go ahead.
If not, then repeat that entire process again.
12. Note that: it may take a some time for one of the boxes to become turn into yellow.
13. Now Press ‘Start’ button on ODIN application and wait for while ODIN does its work accordingly. This may take a few seconds.
14. When ODIN is done, Then your device may automatically reboot. If not, then manually reboot it.
Finally when you are back at HomeScreen, — your Samsung Galaxy S4 is rooted now.!!